Sunday 15 November 2009

In Memory of

Last year we lost my beloved grandfather. I have been very lucky in my life not to have felt sorrow of this magnitude up until then. I decided to dedicate this Live Art Residency and the outcome of it to my grandfather.

Within the next 2 weeks, I wish to explore aspects of what my grandfather meant to me, elements of his life, or what I have been told his life was, by him and others, and elements of my memories of him. At the end of the 2 weeks I wish to have created a piece which I can exhibit on Syros Island.


I have gained a special interest in the house he spent the largest part of his childhood, the Velissaropoulos Mansion, now also known as the workers union, in Ermoupolis, Syros, Greece. The mansion was renovated and reopened to the public in 2006. I include some pictures below:








some of the above pictures are courtesy of Yannis Larios

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.