Monday 30 November 2009

2 weeks later

Title of piece:
‘In memory of’

Background:
I spent the two weeks, from 15-30 November 2009 on Syros Isle as part of my Liveart.gr Syros residency. I decided to dedicate this residency and the outcome of it to my beloved grandfather George Velissaropoulos who sadly left us last year. I spent my time researching the house he grew up in the Velissaropoulos Mansion, and planning an audio-visual installation to take place within the premises.

Plan:
The final installation is planned to take place 15-30 of July 2010 as part of Ermoupolia, the annual art festival taking place every summer in Ermoupolis, Syros.The installation will consist of an audio experience through the interior of the building, helping the visitor to travel back in time, through a journey where moments are captured in sound.


A talk on the research and work will take place in the ‘Ballroom’













An audio-visual presentation and gathering will take place in the gardens.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.